Thursday, November 16, 2006
Party On Wayne
We had the party last night. It went well, and wasn't as big and crazy as last year's, but it was still pretty stinkin' big, and pretty stinkin' crazy. We had 13 kids and 8 adults. I served piles of dinasaur shaped chicken nuggets, juice, cookies and cake. I was too lazy to prepare a grown up dinner, so the big people had to eat the dinochicken just like the little ones. They actually all said that they tasted dangerously delicious. We decided (well, really me - Audrey was definately not in agreement on this) to make it a present-less party. So, the good news was that no one had to spend half an hour sitting in a crowded room watching Audrey get things she would have loved, but can also live without. And she had a couple of forbidden presents from friends of mine who couldn't resist, and a few things from her Grandma Thompson, so she didn't go without. The kids all played like maniacs and the house was suitably destroyed afterward. In classic Rob and Sarah style, we took no photos. Sorry. Just picture a small house, many kids and if you have sound with your mental movie, make it loud. Rob was in full Super Husband role and monitored kids and then cleaned up a bunch of stuff while I went to see Borat. Hmm, didn't really get the whole Borat thing. He just seemed kind of creepy. There were a few very funny moments, but not as many for me as for the friends I went with. They were laughing their heads off. I worried just a bit for their health.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment